Saturday, May 12, 2012

Reflecting on Kids Books From A to Z

I had a lot of fun with the A to Z Challenge this year. I had my topics picked out in advance, though I will admit that I did a lot of research during that first weekend, as well. Last year, my father fell ill in April, so I didn't have the opportunity to finish very many posts. I wanted to make up for it this year.

I fell behind a little bit right away, which wasn't surprising, as I had entered 8 blogs. I was planning on catching up over Spring Break, but ended up sick as dog over most of it. I was able to read books, but not construct coherent sentences for posts. However, I still managed to complete posts all of the way from A to Z in time fo r the end of the challenge at 11:59 p.m. on April 30th.

I enjoyed reminiscing about my childhood and all of my favorite books from back then. I even was able to reflect upon some new ones that I have encountered as an adult. A friend of mine from grade school commented on how the entries brought back many memories for her, as well.

Will I do this challenge again next year with this blog? I'm not sure I will be able to come up with enough posts again. I am going to think on it some and see what I can do in the next 10 1/2 months. We shall see.

Here are the posts I did this year. Read and reminisce:

A is for Alexander
B is for Berenstain
C is for Chester Raccoon
D is for David Michael Slater
E is for Ed Emberley
F is for Frances
G is for Good Night
H is for Henkes
I is for I Spy
J is for Johnson
K is for Keats
L is for Lobel
M is for Mercer Mayer
N is for Numeroff
O is for Olivia
P is for Prelutsky
Q is for Queen Vernita
R is for Rey
S is for Scarry
T is for Toddler Tools
U is for Uncle Wiggily
V is for Virginia Lee Burton
W is for Walsh
X is for X-Factor
Y is for Young
Z is for Zipperump-A-Zoo

Here is the handful I completed for last year's challenge:

A is for Alphabet Books
A is for Arthur
B is for Brett
B is for Berenstain
C is for Counting Books
D is for dePaola
E is for Encyclopedia Brown
F is for Froggy

No comments:

Post a Comment