Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kids Books A to Z: E is for Ed Emberley

Ed Emberley is a children's book author who is more famous for his drawing books than his actual stories. At least whenever I think of him, I think of his illustrations. When I was a kid, I had one of his books that taught you how to create all kinds of characters using just a thumbprint. It was only in one orangish color for the thumbprints back then. I spent hours putting prints on paper and trying to create some of my own characters.



Since then, Ed Emberley has published numerous other drawing books that begin with a child's thumbprint or fingerprint. We have used them on occasion when designing activities for our classroom auctions. With these simple books, any child can easily become an artist!






He did also have a few other children's books that were popular over the years. For example, Go Away, Big Green Monster is one that taught children how to face their fears and make them disappear.


Check out some of his other books and get your child inspired to create her own characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment