Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kids Books A to Z: I is for I Spy

Ah, those maddening pictures of toys and objects strewn all over the place! Find the clown that has a green dot in the middle of the blue dots on his hat and is only about a half-inch big. Okay, so that may be an exaggeration, but that is how some of those I Spy books for kids can feel to me at times! Nevertheless, I love to look at them with kids. It sharpens their vocabulary and their visual skills as they hunt through the pictures for the requested items. When I worked in After School Care a couple of years ago at my school, I had a couple of children who wanted to snuggle in my lap on a daily basis to do these. It was always a lot of fun.


Dozens of these books are now available for children. They cover a variety of holidays and topics. Other authors and creating their own versions of these for the Kindle. Which ones are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment