Thursday, March 14, 2019

How to Save the Dragon by Madeleine Matthews


How to Save the Dragon

Wrinkles is an adorable and well balanced elephant. Flappy is a cute and energetic dragon. They live in a wondrous world together, filled with mysteries.

They are each special in their own way and they have super-powers that they can use whenever an emotional ‘alarm’ is triggered.
Wrinkles and Flappy become separated, putting their mission in jeopardy. In this book, you will learn about the two secrets that bring them back together and help them to get back on track and accomplish their mission.

The story, through the characters in this book, represent the process we all go through when controlling or emotions and allows children to visualise this process.


It offers parents simple, helpful prompts in teaching children emotional and impulse control.

It illustrates and describes, through rhyme and funny and accessible characters, the benefits of emotional control of all parts of the brain.

Rhyming lyrics help children to remember to tell the story, enabling them to remember how to access their internal resources in order to process events and emotions.


Available on Amazon


About Madeleine Matthews

Certified coach, aspiring contemporary ballerina, grateful wife and mother.

My husband told me that if we want our son to thrive in this world, all we need to do is build his self confidence. So that's how I started reading parenting books, and reached the latest research discoveries in interpersonal biology and brain development.

I am above all, convinced of the immense potential every child has and their absolute innocence; I know from experience that raising kids can often feel quite differently, and challenging.

I am convinced that the way to turn that potential into peaceful family lives and well balanced kids - is both intuition and science (and patience).

My favorite author is Daniel J. Siegel. I absolutely love his approach to discipline as teaching & love how he sheds some light on the most challenging moments in our lives as parents by explaining the biological perspective.

His work was an inspiration for me. I thought that all parents and children should benefit from knowing the science of brain integration and the brain dynamic during a tantrum. This is why, in my book, I created a story line to illustrate a tantrum as an alarm, and also the two characters to explain the wonderful internal resources available for each of us & the power of focusing conscious awareness to activate and grow the more evolved structures in our brains.


I was compensated via Fiverr for sharing this post. I only share those books that I feel will be of interest to my readers. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like and appreciate your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clipping Path, please send me your contact, so I may send you a complementary kindle copy.

      Delete