Friday, November 16, 2012

'Frizzy Tizzy Goes to the Park' Book Tour


Title: Frizzy Tizzy Goes to the Park

Author: Wendy Hinbest

Genre: Picture Book, Children’s Book 
 
Frizzy Tizzy attempts to face her fears and begins to second guess herself, until she realizes things are not always what they seem.




Book Excerpt
Frizzy Tizzy climbed the stairs to go down the slide, but when she got to the top she was
afraid to go down.  Frizzy Tizzy felt the ground looked so far from up there.

“What’s wrong, Frizzy Tizzy?” asked Mommy.
           
I’m scared to go down,” answered Frizzy Tizzy.  She turned around and noticed a little girl standing behind her.

**My thoughts**

I thought the book was cute. Frizzy Tizzy is afraid to go down the slide at the park, which is a common fear of young children. She meets another little girl, who offers to go down with her. She realizes it isn't so scary after all! She makes a new friend and conquers one of her fears. It is a sweet story of friendship and facing your fears that isn't  preachy about being a good friend, nor drawn out in explaining why you have to face your fears. It is a simple story that children can relate to and will enjoy sharing. Plus, Frizzy Tizzy is great fun with all of that hair!

**My students' thoughts**

I shared this book with my full day group of students, who range in age from 4-6. Here are a few of their critical comments:

"Look at her hair! That's cool!"

"Why is she afraid of that slide? That's not that big!"

~~Titters and giggles throughout~~

"That book was excellent!"

"I loved it!"

"Super book!"

~~Many thumbs up~~ 



Author Bio

I like writing children's books and blogging. I live in Burlington, Ontario with my husband and three young children. I have an Early Childhood Education diploma and I am certified to teach children from
birth to six years including children with special needs. I have worked with many children and have read many books to them. My daughters enjoy the books I read to them so I decided to write books of my own. I am also a real estate agent.

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment